1. Giraffe Box (http://trolde-eventyr.dk/), 2. Large Giraffe Animal Wrap Ring in Silver (http://www.luulla.com/), 3. Giraffe Money Box (http://www.fairtradecrafts.co.uk/), 4. Strappy Sundress in Giraffe Print (http://www.asos.com/), 5. Standing Giraffe Décor (http://www.worldmarket.com/), 6. Giraffe Snacks iPhone Case by Stay Gold Media (http://society6.com/), 7. Borderline Giraffe Cusion (http://www.johnlewis.com/), 8. Giraffe Hat Mug (http://www.yizzam.com/)
*Other images: Roald Dahl's ¨The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me¨ book (link), Black picture frame (link), giraffe picture (link), giraffe skeleton sketch (link)
I needed a new pencil holder for my classroom desk and decided to make one myself. I used self hardening clay and acrylic paint.
1. Set Of Six Vinyl Record Coasters - LP's (www.notonthehighstreet.com), 2. Harper Cushion 45x45cms (www.houseoffraser.co.uk), 3. Woodland's Owl Secret Container (www.poketo.com), 4. Coca Cola Tasty Canvas Wall Art Coke Print (www.retroplanet.com), 5. Atelier Chesterfield Top-grain Leather Sofa (www.anthropologie.com)
1. Capetown Chair by Home Furniture (www.homefurn.com), 2. Bing Crosby Ceramic Bust by Fears and Kahn (www.fearsandkahn.co.uk), 3. Plateau SL Series Square Coffee Table with Black Glass Top by All Coffee Tables (www.allcoffeetables.com), 4. Spring Planter by Chiasso (www.chiasso.com), 5. Vega Wall Clock by Chiasso (www.chiasso.com).
Chances are, if you are a designer or any type of creative person that works primarily indoors and at a desk, you probably know how important it is to have a nice space to work in at home. Even if you have a full-time job, most creatives tend to work off hours as well, either to earn more money on the side, to continue developing skills (which we ALWAYS have to do or we will be left behind), to work on personal projects, etc. The list goes on and on.
Because our work basically never ends, it is important to take pleasure in what we do, and because of this, it is important to be comfortable and happy in our environment. This is why I bring to you a little collection of useful items that are also easy on the eyes.
It is also very important that you are mindful of your health when you´re out searching for office furniture and supplies. I recommend you read this article: 5 Home Office Items You Should Never Skimp On http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/5-home-office-items-you-should-never-skimp-on.html#
1. Selfshelf by Dutch by Design (http://www.dutchbydesign.com/), 2. Smart Planet Ceramic Eco Cup Designers Series in Black by Sears (http://www.sears.com/), 3. ¨Chinese Food¨ Pencil Cup by Sorting With Style (http://www.sortingwithstyle.com/), 4. Double Shade Desk Organizer Lamp by Room Essentials (http://www.target.com/), 5. TPS Blue File Cabinet by CB2 (http://www.cb2.com/), 6. 365 Calendar by CB2 (http://www.cb2.com/),
7. Semikolon Magazine Box by See Jane Work (http://www.seejanework.com/), 8. Mini Library by Oeuf (http://www.oeufnyc.com/).
This is my first entry featuring inspiring household items that I find online. I think we can get inspiration from everything, so the more beautiful or interesting objects we have around us, the better. Hopefully, I will be posting more of these little collections frequently.
See what I am up to on: